Dear Residents, Families and Employees
As the third wave of the pandemic continues to rage, our hearts are with the people across Canada who are enduring heartbreaking distress – both those sick with COVID-19 and the healthcare providers doing everything they can to help them. We’re also thinking about the people in countries like India, who are experiencing such a catastrophic public health crisis. It remains a trying time for our nation and the world, however I am encouraged by the hope that vaccines are offering for better days ahead.
Dear Revera Residents and Family MembersAt this time last year, we were in the grip of the deadly first wave of the pandemic; it was clear then that there were heroes amongst us, particularly the frontline health workers whose hard work, compassionate care and courage made a difference to so many elders. Time and again over the past many months these heroes have answered the call, and with this month’s National Nursing Week (May 10-16) and Personal Support Worker (PSW) Day (May 19), we have a perfect opportunity to express our gratitude.
Download the Report A Perfect Storm: The COVID-19 Experience for Revera and the Long Term Care sector.
Revera’s pandemic protocols, guided by public health directives and our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Rhonda Collins, include physical distancing, universal masking, visitor screening, appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), deep cleaning and disinfecting, and more. When a resident or employee has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, we act immediately to reduce the spread of the virus. Read our FAQ for more details.
Visiting a loved one?
Visits are important for both our residents and their families, and, we are committed to supporting them in keeping with provincial and local public health guidance. For information about visiting a specific site, please contact the Executive Director.
Revera messages to families and employees
- May 10: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Apr 30: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Mar 29: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Mar 22: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Mar 11: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Feb 25: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Feb 2: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
- Jan 27: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Jan 6: CMO letter to residents and family members
- Jan 1: CEO letter to residents, families and employees
The current situation
Vaccine rollout clinics
Information on the current vaccination status at your or your loved one's home is now available. Revera is following all guidance and direction provided by each province, local health authority and/or public health unit as applicable in supporting the rollout of vaccines in our homes and residences.
- World Health Organization (WHO): Critical preparedness, readiness and response actions for COVID-19
- Health Canada's COVID-19 Resource Centre
- Health Canada's preparation recommendations