COVID-19 updates: retirement living
At Revera, the health and safety of our residents and employees is our highest priority. The COVID-19 Pandemic has been difficult for everyone, but it has been especially difficult for our residents, their families and our staff and we are doing everything we can to minimize its impact on our retirement residences.
The Omicron variant is spreading rapidly across communities throughout Canada. Serious outcomes for residents and staff in our residences are being mitigated by our extensive vaccination programs and infection prevention and control practices.
All Residents who consented, and are able to be vaccinated, are fully vaccinated - and most residents have received their third shot. All Revera staff are fully vaccinated and are in the process of receiving third shots.
Revera continues to work closely with public health officials and to follow strict pandemic outbreak protocols and infection control practices. All staff are trained to follow IPAC procedures, including proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
All residents are monitored twice daily for symptoms. All staff are screened at the beginning of their shifts and are being cohorted. All staff are required to wear appropriate PPE in the home.
Residences undertake enhanced cleaning practices, including frequently disinfecting high touch surfaces like handrails and doors, common areas and staff rooms.
Our residences communicate regularly with residents, their families and staff and notifies them when a residence has been declared in outbreak by Public Health.
Visitation policies vary from province to province. Before visiting one of our retirement residences, please contact your loved one’s home directly to inquire about the protocols that apply. Learn more about our Visitation Policies.
Revera continues to do everything we can to keep our residents and employees safe as we work to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at our retirement residences and long term care homes.
The following residences are affected by an outbreak of COVID-19 as declared by the local, regional or provincial Public Health authority on the dates below:
- McKenzie Towne, Calgary, Jan 7
- Our Parents' Home, Edmonton, Jan 3
- Riverbend, Edmonton, Jan 4
- Scenic Acres, Calgary, Jan 10
- The Churchill, Edmonton, Jan 10
- The Scenic Grande, Calgary, Jan 4
- The Heartland, Okotoks, Dec 22
- Crofton Manor, Vancouver, Jan 6
- Alta Vista, Ottawa, Dec 26
- Bough Beeches, Mississauga, Dec 30
- Briarfield Gardens, Kitchener, Jan 6
- Bridlewood Manor, Brockville, Dec 30
- Heritage Lodge, Vankleek Hill, Dec 24
- Hunt Club Manor, Ottawa, Dec 29
- King Gardens, Mississauga, Jan 4
- Kingsway, Etobicoke, Dec 25
- Landmark Court, Ottawa, Dec 29
- Maplecrest Village, Grimsby, Jan 4
- The Claremont, Toronto, Jan 2
- The Edinburgh, Ottawa, Jan 6
- The Renoir, Newmarket, Jan 3
- The Westwood, Ottawa, Dec 30
- Valley Stream, Nepean, Dec 24
- Westney Gardens, Ajax, Dec 25
- Windsor Park, Ottawa, Jan 8
- Cambridge Estates, St. John's, Jan 4