Sneak Peek - Elmwood Place Redevelopment
Construction is now underway on Revera’s first long term care redevelopment project
Aerial building view - May 2021
Drone flyover video - May 2021
Aerial view - May 2021
Exterior - May 2021
Interior room - May 2021
Interior hallway - May 2021
We look forward to welcoming you to Elmwood Place. You will be in good hands, with experienced staff to look after your physical wellbeing with a personalized care approach, and recreation programs to encourage independence and a community atmosphere.
- 128 beds, 60 per cent in private rooms, 40 per cent in double rooms
- Four, 32-resident areas, fostering a neighbourhood environment
- Rooms will be bright, spacious, and comfortably furnished, with space for personal decorations to give the room your own touch
- Supplies and equipment for personal and nursing support
- 24-hour life safety systems
- Digital connectivity, with WiFi and a dedicated Family Portal to help you and your family members stay connected
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Energy efficient systems, such as heating and lighting
- Safe, attractive outdoor space
- Telephone and cable service (optional)
If you have a loved one currently living at Elmwood Place, please be sure you are signed up for our Family Portal. Not only will you get information about your loved one along with photos, recreation calendars, messages and more, you’ll also get updates on the progress of our new home.Access the Family Portal
Dining at Elmwood Place
Good food is at the heart of every home. You’ll enjoy healthy meals prepared to meet the needs of all residents – nutritionally and culturally. Our menus will be developed by a team of Registered Dietitians and Nutrition Managers, and we will involve residents in menu planning.
We will offer a range of programs to help you to be your best in mind, body and spirit.
- Restorative and rehabilitation programs
- Recreational and leisure programs
- Exercise and physical activities
- Music therapy
- Art and creative classes
- Revera skin and wound care program
- Garden and horticultural activities
- Community and cultural events
- Intergenerational, student and volunteer programs
- Pet visits
- Revera memory care program
- Multi-sensory therapy program
- Recreational outings
- Private dining room
- Day, evening, and weekend programs
- Religious services and Spiritual Programs
- Resident Council
- Family Council
- Resident Food Committee
We will offer a range of personalized services:
- Individualized assessment and care planning
- Professional interdisciplinary health care team
- Registered nurse 24-hours a day
- Nurse practitioner
- Physician visits and on call 24 hours a day
- Pain and symptom management
- Registered dietician
- Hairdressing/barber services
- Foot care
- Occupational therapist
- Dental services
- Social worker
- End-of-life care
- Eye care
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Special Care Unit(s)
About the area
The renewed Elmwood Place is just a short drive from the current home, close to where Wharncliffe meets Wonderland. Nearby amenities include Victoria Hospital, White Oaks Mall, and Storybook Gardens.
Questions and Answers
Faces of Revera
As part of the long term care field for 23 years, I had the opportunity to work on the frontline as a Recreation Aide and Recreation Manager prior to becoming the executive director at Elmwood Place. Working with seniors is a calling for me. Through my experience and leadership, my passion is to make long term care a place where residents can live their best life.
Director of Care
As Director of Care at Elmwood Place, I play a lead role in coaching and supporting our employees so they can provide quality care to our residents. I chose this career as I am passionate about senior care. My experience in nursing, management and leadership and my background as an RN and RN Case Manager in long term and acute care settings provides me with the necessary skills to make a difference in residents lives.
Recreation Therapy Manager
Over the past 15 years, I have focused on my career in advocating for and enhancing people’s lives. My compassion and drive to help others is why I started in this field. As the Recreation Therapy Manager at Revera, I have the opportunity to promote meaningful and recreation programs to our population. We are forever celebrating the ageless spirit.
Dr. Jonathan Carter
Dr. Jonathan Carter, Medical Director of Revera’s Elmwood Place, is an experienced physician with a special interest in caring for the elderly and most vulnerable in the community and long term care setting.
Interested in the Elmwood Place Redevelopment?
Looking for more information?
Contact us today and we will answer your questions.