Let’s talk about retirement living right now.
Health and safety are top of mind if you are considering a move to retirement living. In fact, you may have a lot of questions about the steps taken to proactively keep residents healthy. A warm, safe welcome, as well as ongoing safety protocols is what you can expect from us at Revera. Here, we’ll share our commitments to give you a better understanding of what you will experience.
We are often asked about self-isolation requirements for the first 14 days. This a government restriction that varies by province, and here at Revera we believe that a safe entry to our community is extremely important. Settle In Safe™ does just that. It helps you transition to retirement living easily and safely. Here’s a little of what you can expect:
- A big warm welcome and introductions to our team
- Support building relationships with others right away
- Daily activities with special surprises along the way!
Right from the start, our team will do everything they can to make sure you feel engaged and that your experience is as positive as possible. With your input, we will develop a customized daily calendar to provide the health and wellness, recreation culinary experience you expect to enjoy in retirement living, while safely introducing you to the community and adhering to government restrictions.
What We Commit to You as a Revera Resident
After the initial 14-day transition period (as required by province), you’ll be able to enjoy all the amenities and programs our residences have to offer. After all, these are likely why you decided to move in. We will continue to ensure your safety by adhering to our Commitment to Health & Safety protocols for the health and well-being of all our residents, family members and staff. In each Revera residence you can expect:
- Adherence to directives and public health guidelines including physical distancing in all common areas including our dining rooms
- Staff surveillance testing occurring regularly so that we can quickly act upon a potential outbreak prior to any spread
- Ongoing staff Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) training
- Universal masking and appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all staff
- Screening questionnaire and mandatory masks for all visitors
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Deep cleaning in high touch and common areas
- Recreation programs adjusted to meet physical distancing requirements and strong infection control practices implemented
- Staff that work at only one designated Revera site
- Our contractors that can prove they are IPAC certified will be granted access to our residences.
We know that home is a very special place and feeling safe is a large part of that. To show our commitment to your safety and ease the transition, we are offering all new residents who move in until May 1, 2021 a Payment-Free Transition Period*. This means you will not be charged for your first 14 days and all the services provided during that period. It’s our final commitment to ensure a smooth, safe and positive transition to the place you’ll be proud to call home.
How We Care for Our Residents in the Event of An Outbreak
Revera has implemented full pandemic protocols across our Canadian operations. When a resident or staff member has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, we act immediately to ensure the safety of our employees and residents. This includes the following actions:
- Actively screening all essential visitors before entering; specific visitation guidelines vary by province. In most cases, visits are discontinued while a home or residence is in outbreak.
- A universal masking strategy for staff. In our long term care homes and retirement residences not in outbreak, staff are required to wear a surgical or procedural mask.
- As soon as someone is symptomatic, they are placed in isolation, outbreak protocols are adopted, and a swab is taken and sent for testing, unless otherwise directed by Public Health, and staff providing care wear droplet PPE, including a surgical mask or an N95 mask in specific situations, eye protection, gown and gloves.
- Closely monitoring all individuals for COVID-19 symptoms who may have come into contact with anyone who tests positive and isolating them if they exhibit symptoms.
- Engaging extra housekeeping staff to do more frequent cleaning, including deep cleaning using a Clorox 360 Disinfectant, especially in high touch and commons areas.
- Cancelling group recreation programming to promote physical distancing and having recreation staff do one-on-one activities with residents to keep them socially engaged.
In addition to the above commitments, we are preparing a Pandemic Response Plan Report.
Retirement residences near you
Contact us to learn more
Submit your information below to speak to a member of our Senior Living Advisor team to learn more about safely transitioning into a Revera retirement residence, and the 14-day payment-free offer.
*Limited Time Offer. Terms and Conditions Apply:
- New customers (“Residents”) who move into a Revera Retirement Residence before May 1, 2021, will receive a rebate equal to the first 14 days’ Accommodation Fee, the Hospitality Fee and the LiveWell™ Care Theme Fee (the “free-period”). Optional Services are not included in this offer.
- This offer is conditional upon: (i) the Resident entering into Revera’s standard Residency Agreement; (ii) the Resident’s occupancy of the suite on or prior to May 1, 2021; and (c) the term of the residency lasting at least 1 month from the date of move-in.
- This offer has no cash value. It is a stand-alone offer and is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- This offer expires on the earlier of: (i) April 30, 2021, or (ii) the government lifting the 14-day isolation requirement.
- This offer does not apply to existing Revera residents.
- This offer may only be redeemed once by (i) an individual or (ii) individuals sharing a suite upon move-in.
- The free-period will be applied to the Resident’s account on or about 1 month following the end of the first month of residency.
- These Terms and Conditions, including the free-period, shall be deemed to be incorporated into the Residency Agreement and, to the extent there is any conflict, these Terms and Conditions shall govern.
- By accepting this offer, the Resident represents that he/she has read and fully understands these Terms and Conditions.